France's Finest on Viking Delling
Avignon to Paris
Join two popular itineraries to create a 15-day river cruise that offers the ultimate journey through France. Begin in France’s legendary capital of Paris, then travel along the Seine through the Norman countryside to the historic Normandy beaches before returning to Paris. Transfer to Chalon-sur-Saône to embark on the second half of your grand tour of France, finding artistic inspiration in the colors and sunlight of Burgundy and...
Throughout our decades of sailing the world’s great rivers, Viking has repeatedly reinvented the European river cruise vessel. By continuously building upon our tradition of innovation we have set industry standards and delighted our guests. And with the introduction of the Viking Longships, we have done it all over again. These revolutionary sister ships are part of our award-winning European fleet, and deliver a consistent onboard experience no matter which great European rivers they sail.
Two Explorer Suites feature spectacular 270° views with a private wraparound veranda. Veranda Suites feature two full rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom. Enjoy the indoor-outdoor Aquavit Terrace at the bow of the ship, or relax on the Sun Deck. These “green” ships, featuring energy-efficient hybrid engines, solar panels and an organic herb garden, were named to honor prominent members of the Norse pantheon. Each ship carries 190 guests in comfortable, understated elegance, with hotel-style beds and amenities like 26-inch flat-panel TVs and in-room refrigerators.
- 95 comfortable outside staterooms (2 Explorer Suites, 7 Veranda Suites, 39 Veranda Staterooms, 22 French Balcony Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms)
- All suites feature two rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area; organic herb garden and solar panels; putting green, chess and walking track
- Aquavit Terrace with a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship and grills for al fresco dining
- Observation lounge and bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library corner and onboard boutique
- Free shipwide wireless internet service
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 40" flat-panel TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus CNBC, CNN, ESPN, FOX, National Geographic and more
Since its first sailings along Russia’s waterways nearly 20 years ago, Viking® has reinvented river cruising. Today, Viking invites guests to sample the rich cultures and fine wines and cuisine along Europe’s great rivers—all aboard the continent’s most comfortable, state-of-the-art ships—and the storied rivers of China, Southeast Asia and Egypt. The innovative Viking Longships® are the most award-winning vessels on Europe ...