Chopin and the Music of Spain
8 Days / 7 Nights
PONANT invites you to experience a musical cruise on the Mediterranean, run in partnership with Radio Classique.
For 8 days, Le Lapérouse will sail along the Italian coast and the shores of Spain via Corsica and the Balearic Islands. Under the leadership of Alain Duault, this cruise will pay tribute to Chopin.
You will call at the ‘Isle of Beauty’ to discover Bonifacio, its upper part and its cliffs that tower above the sea.
The ship will sail to the Balearic Islands and make a first stop in Menorca. The gigantic proportions of Mahon’s natural harbour will astonish you. Along the streets lined with colourful houses, you will discover the Santa Maria Church and its monumental organ.
You will sail to Majorca in the wake of Chopin and George Sand, to discover the Valldemossa Charterhouse, where they both stayed.
After calling in Barcelona, Le Lapérouse will once again make its way to the Italian coast. At Marina di Carrera, famous for its white marble, you will be able to admire the Ducal Palace and its 16th century dome.
Experience a prelude to the sea aboard Le Lapérouse!
• A musical cruise in partnership with Radio Classique, with special guest Alain Duault for a tribute to Chopin;
• An opportunity to discover or rediscover Rome from Civitavecchia, the embarkation and disembarkation port for this cruise;
• Visiting Barcelona, its monuments and Gaudì's creations, listed with UNESCO;
• Discovering the Balearic Islands and, in Palma, the Valldemossa Charterhouse, where the two lovers,Frederic Chopin and George Sand, once stayed;
• Two new ports of call: Mahon Port in Minorca and Marina di Carrara, not far from the famous marble quarries.